You're using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
12 oz (375 g) whole wheat spaghettini
8 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/2 red onion, sliced 1/2-inch (1-cm) thick
3/4 cup Newman’s Own Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Dressing, divided
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper (approx.)
6 cups baby spinach
1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
1. PREHEAT grill to medium; grease well. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well and keep warm.
2. IN a large bowl, toss tomatoes with 1/4 cup of dressing, salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes, cut-side down, on the grill. Brush onion with some of the remaining juices left in the bowl; add to the grill. (Set aside bowl along with any juices.) Cook vegetables, turning only the onion once, for 10 minutes or until grill-marked and tender.
3. CHOP tomatoes and onion into bite-size pieces and return to bowl. Add hot pasta, spinach, basil and remaining dressing to bowl; toss to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts (if using). Makes 4 servings.
1. Push a soaked wooden skewer through the onion slices to keep the layers connected and make them easier to grill.
2. Serve this pasta as a main course, or a side dish accompanied by grilled chicken, sausage or shrimp