1/2 cup Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar
2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
4 salmon fillets, about 6 oz (175 g) each
2 tbsp orange juice
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (approx.)
2 bunches rapini, chopped, about 12 cups
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup each crumbled goat cheese and chopped
1. PREHEAT grill to medium; grease well. Whisk dressing with orange
zest and hot pepper flakes. Brush 2 tbsp of this mixture over salmon
fillets; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Stir the orange juice into
remaining dressing mixture; reserve.
2. LAY out two pieces of heavy-duty foil on a work surface. Place an
equal portion of rapini and raisins onto one side of each piece of foil;
sprinkle each with 2 tbsp water. Fold foil over to enclose rapini;
crimp edges to make tightly sealed packets. Grill salmon and foil
packets, turning the packets only once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until
salmon is just slightly coral in the centre.
3. CAREFULLY open foil packets, avoiding the steam; transfer rapini to a
bowl. Toss with reserved dressing mixture and adjust seasonings to
taste. Arrange greens on a serving platter; top with salmon and
sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Garnish with orange wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
1. Instead of two foil packets, use one standard-sized foil-grilling bag.
2. Rapini has a natural bitter flavour; if it’s not to your liking, balance
out the bitterness by adding 1 tbsp of maple syrup to the orange
to Newman’s Own® Dressing Recipes